Health Link North
Health Link North is an independent community driven organisation committed to improving health outcomes of residents of Auckland’s North Shore and the Rodney District, including South Kaipara.
Health Links are not for profit community driven organisations funded by health providers and independent trusts.
Health Links work closely with health providers to connect health services in the Waitemata District with health consumers (patients) and distribute health information to the community and collect feedback to inform service planning.
The Waitemata district has two Health Links:
- Health Link North and
- Waitakere Health Link.
Map of the area covered by each Health Link:
What do we do?
Health Link North’s ongoing projects are:
Community Public Forums and Consultations
- Health Links provide a unique opportunity for local community and health and social service providers to attend public forums to learn about health services available and those being planned for the Waitemata District area, to obtain feedback and identify gaps for health consumers (patients) in the health services.
Community Services Open Days
- Bridging the information gap between hospital services and services provided in the community, Health Links host two Community Services Open Days at North Shore Hospital and Waitakere Hospital to enable hospital staff to increase their knowledge of local health services available to patients in the community. Hospital staff can share this knowledge with patients and their families when they leave hospital, so families feel supported to access health services in the community.
Health Consumer Representative Training
- A Health Consumer Representative is a consumer member of a committee, project or event who voices consumer perspectives and takes part in decision making on behalf of health consumers. They may be nominated by and accountable to, a consumer organisation. The role usually works with a health service (or consumer organisation) and is often in a volunteer capacity. The role may provide for a small payment to cover the costs.
Consumer Health Literacy Review
- Health Links facilitate consumer review of literature given to patients by health providers. Consumers review patient information to ensure the content uses clear simple language, removes health jargon and promotes the use of colour, diagrams and photos where appropriate. Keeping information simple helps families understand health information and services needed to make appropriate health decisions for their wellbeing.
Sharing Information across the Community
- We provide targeted information in a variety of mediums for easy access to community. The community is better informed about the health services available to them. Health Links also attend local community meetings to share health information and obtain feedback directly from the community on local health issues. This community feedback helps us identify gaps that impact on the patient journey accessing services in primary and secondary care.
The Parent and Family brochure
- The Parent and Family brochure provides services for parents and families with children in Rodney region and Hibiscus Coast.